Friday, March 15, 2013

Dear God, No!

I'm voting for this spell to be deleted from dT&T.

Here's why....

It is mainly about knowing the future - and then what's the point of the game?

Player - 'Dear God, will I die on this adventure?'
Gm - ' 'No,'
Player - 'OK, I'll go in through the skull door...hang on. Dear God, will I get impaired?'
Gm -  'No,"
Player - 'Very cool to know that. Might as well have the treasure and the APs now please!'
 GM - 'True. Here you are.'

or

Player - 'Dear God, will I die on this adventure?'
Gm - ' 'Yes,'
Player - 'OK, I'll stay home?'
Gm -  'Make sense!,"


How has this spell survived so long? I imagine because it is either house-ruled out or there are not many games played with wizards at this level. We're thinking about Andy Holmes' Liche-Lord adventure and how to sanely approach that. The Dear God spell would render it pointless - the senior wizards spend a week asking questions and the future has been written. Or - the powerful bad wizards do just that and the players never leave home.

Next post - my replacement spell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment